Steps to start:
Download the points forms below and start filling out your point verifications.
- Community or TRU volunteer work verification form
- Course related work verification form
- Courses verification form
- Employment related activity verification form
- Environmental or social organizations verification form
- Extra-curricular knowledge sharing verification form
- Presentation Giveback piece verification form
Things to think about and include
The following are guidelines to the three categories of Leadership in Environmental Sustainability used at TRU. They should be considered when preparing your presentation piece and your written reflection. Providing specific examples of your learning will enhance your application.
- Understanding historical and current issues pertaining to social, economic, environmental, political conditions that are relevant to sustainability
- Demonstrate understanding of the pillars of sustainability in terms of integration.
- Project Management
- Self-awareness and confidence
- Ability to work with multiple perspectives
- Capacity to cope with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Critical, analytical, reflective and strategic thinking
- Transferability of skills and knowledge
- Attitudes and Awareness
- Emotions creating desire to change conditions
- Interest to make a difference – a positive contribution
- Feeling confident and competent with what one can contribute.
- Recognition of the impact of interdependence and change.
- Concern for the world, environment and for social issues