ACCUPLACER Testing for Placement into University Preparation
Six ACCUPLACER tests are used to assess the English and math skills of students enrolling in the University Preparation program. All tests are untimed except for WritePlacer Plus, which has a one-hour time limit.
When does the ACCUPLACER take place?
Testing sessions take place every Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. at TRU Kamloops. For students living outside of Kamloops, the ACCUPLACER test can be completed off-campus.
How can I prepare for the ACCUPLACER?
- Determine what tests you will be writing.
- For English assessment: Reading Comprehension, Sentence Skills & WritePlacer.
- For Math assessments: Arithmetic, Elementary algebra & possibly College Level Math.
- Review detailed ACCUPLACER test descriptions.
- For more information and sample questions, please refer to the College Board ACCUPLACER website.
How much does the ACCUPLACER cost to write?
A $35 entry assessment testing fee must be paid before test results will be processed.
How do I register for the ACCUPLACER? What happens next?
- Register to write the ACCUPLACER and pay the testing fee using the online registration form.
- Complete the ACCUPLACER entry assessment on the established date. For the testing session, you must bring picture ID and your payment receipt.
- After completing the assessment, you will be given a copy of your results.
- An assessed copy of your results will be forwarded to Academic Advising or the TRU office that requested the assessment.
- These scores are valid for one year.
|UPrep Course Level||Reading|
|English 0300||< 55||< 50||< 3||—||—|
|Math 0300||—||—||—||< 55||< 30||-|
Note: these scores are based on a variety of validity studies and may change after subsequent studies
*Revised January 2016
For more information, contact the TRU Assessment Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.