Sport Event Management Diploma
In this multi-faceted program, you will not only learn about sports and business – you will also learn about yourself and discover your own potential to set and achieve goals.
Whether you end up managing a sporting company or organization, directing a club sport facility or starting your own company, this is your opportunity to practice and master the business skills and expertise to produce, organize and manage sport events anywhere.
What you will learn to do
Under the guidance of our Sport Event Management instructors, you will learn:
- how to excel in the sport event management arena at local, regional, national and international levels
- how to challenge assumptions of who athletes are and where the money is
- how to create and seize opportunities you may not have previously considered
- how to apply what you learn in class, right in the field: part of your learning includes access to internships both with the Kamloops Sports Council and and in other cities. In the past, student interns have planned full events and parts of events, developed and executed event marketing plans and worked and/or volunteered at events.
The Sport Event Management diploma prepares you to:
- Plan and manage sporting, non-sporting and lifestyle events
- Manage fundraising, marketing, volunteer management and organizational development
- Be an entrepreneur and run a small business
- Work with sports teams