Ethics and Protocol
- World Health Organization: Indigenous Peoples & Participatory Health Research
- Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS): Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans, Chapter 9 Research Involving Aboriginal Peoples
- National Science Foundation Office of Polar Programs: Ethical Principles for the Conduct of Research in the North (2008)
- Ethical Principles for the Conduct of Research in the North
- Smylie, J. (2005). The ethics of research involving Canada's Aboriginal populations. Canadian Medical Association Journal, 172(8), 172.
- Interviewing Elders: Guidelines from the National Aboriginal Health Organization
- Summary of CIHR guidelines